Discovery Museum Wedding Expo
Find your wedding inspiration
Image: Great Hall, Discovery Museum
Join us at our very first wedding expo and let us help you find your wedding day inspiration.
With a wide selection of wedding suppliers from film-makers to musicians all under one roof, we've done all the hard work, so you can start planning the stress-free nuptials of your dreams.
Highlights include live music courtesy of Music Newcastle (You Tube link); DJ set, dance floor, casino tables and photobooth thanks to Manhattan Agency & Event Management; stunning venue-dressing inspiration and props courtesy of MN Events and Occasions (Facebook link).
This event will be held in our majestic Great Hall - a magical art-deco space at the top of the museum.
Regular wedding tours will be available throughout the day.
For the latest news about confirmed exhibitors and other exciting event updates join us on Facebook.
Current exhibitors include:
- Manhattan Agency & Event Management
- Occasional Events North East
- Get Film
- Music Newcastle
- MN Events & Occasions
- Lanchester Wedding Cars
- Philip Ryott Photo + Video
- Paul Lytton the North East Magician
- Thomas Cook
Price: Free entry into the museum and the Wedding Expo. No booking required.
Date: Saturday 12 May
Time: 11am - 3pm
For event enquiries contact email@example.com / 0844 856 1074
Want to exhibit? For exhibitor enquiries contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery Museum weddings
The grandeur of the Great Hall and proximity to Newcastle city centre makes Discovery Museum a unique choice for wedding celebrations. Find out more about our wedding offer.
**Wedding Expo giveaway**
Win free ceremony hire at the Laing Art Gallery, Great North Museum: Hancock or Discovery Museum.
As we countdown to our very first wedding expo here at Discovery Museum, the lovely 'Weddings at Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums' team are so giddy with excitement they’re giving away this fabulous prize to help spread the love and lighten the load for one lucky couple.
Join us on Saturday 12 May, 11am – 3pm and find your wedding inspiration at the Discovery Museum Wedding Expo. With a wide selection of wedding suppliers from film-makers to musicians all under one roof, we've done all the hard work, so you can start planning the stress-free nuptials of your dreams.
To enter this competition, pop along on Saturday 12 May, make your way to the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums wedding stand, and we’ll add your details to the prize draw.
Entry to the wedding expo is free – no booking required.
How to enter
For a chance to win free ceremony hire, join us at the Discovery Museum Wedding Expo on Saturday 12 May and make your way to the Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums wedding stand to be added to the prize draw.
The winner will be announced week commencing 14 May.
Terms and conditions
- The prize offered is limited to the Laing Art Gallery, Great North Museum: Hancock, or Discovery Museum and not the wider Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums collection, and is subject to availability.
- The prize is valid for one of the following rooms: The ‘18th and 19th Century Gallery’ at the Laing Art gallery, the ‘Clore Suite’ at the Great North Museum: Hancock or the ‘Great Hall’ at Discovery museum.
- The free hire will be for a period of 2 hours within the opening times of the venue.
- The hire does not include a registrar.
- The prize excludes Bank Holidays, Christmas and other special days.
- The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The prize also does not include any catering or drinks.
- The prize is to be taken by the end of December 2020.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of the competition at any time.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Tyne & Wear Museums relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the close of the wedding expo.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random by the same judges.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.